CRITIC
img-contested
N/A
0 reviews
PUBLIC
img-contested
N/A
0 reviews

RECENT ARTICLES

Sort by:
No Rating
California measure aims to pay off 80 percent of most unpaid rent

California measure aims to pay off 80 percent of most unpaid rent

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom and the state's top two legislative leaders pledged Monday to pay off 80% of most people's unpaid rent that has piled up during the coronavirus pandemic — but only if landlords agree to forgive the other 20%.The proposal, which must be approved by the Legislature, could wipe out potentially billions of dollars in debt hanging over renters in the nation's most populous state by using federal relief money to compel landlords to forgive debt. It also would extend a law scheduled to expire next Monday that bans landlords from evicting...

Jan 26
Worthy
Share
Save
Give Tip
Review
  • Total 1 items
  • 1
OUTLETS
sfgate.com

sfgate.com

CRITIC
img-contested
N/A
PUBLIC
img-trusted
71%